Arugula, Strawberry, & Chèvre Salad
w/ Balsamic Reduction & Lemon Butter
(feat. our Strawberry & Chèvre w/ Lemon, Thyme, & Black Pepper ravioli)
It's summer, the sun is out, strawberries are here, and we have made the tastiest Strawberry & Chèvre w/ Lemon, Thyme, & Black Pepper ravioli. Stop by our farm and grab a pack or find one at a local farmers market or store near you!
- 6 tbls room temp butter
- 1 cup Dry White Wine (we used a Dry Resiling)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbls Shallots minced
- 12 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbls Heavy Cream (or 2 pats of butter)
- 8 oz Baby Arugula, washed and spun dry
- 6 - 8 oz Fresh Strawberries, washed, sliced or quartered
- 3 - 4 oz Sliced almonds, lightly toasted (optional)
- 4 oz Chèvre, fresh or crumbled (optional, but better if you do)
Lemon Butter: Method
In a thick bottom sauce pot bring dry white wine, seasoned rice vinegar, lemon juice, minced shallots, whole peppercorns, and thyme springs to a simmer.
Reduce by 3/4 or more.
Remove from heat and stir in room temp (softened) butter - make sure you stir and don't let it separate.
Strain sauce and drizzle over plated ravioli.
Balsamic Reduction: Method
In a thick bottom sauce pot, add Balsamic Vinegar and reduce by 3/4.
Add heavy cream and summer 1 - 2 minutes (or remove reduction from heat and stir in butter).
Set aside and keep at room temperature.
You'll want this room temp before your pour it over the arugula salad.
In a large bowl, toss baby arugula and cut strawberries with a little salt and pepper.
Drizzle room temp balsamic reduction over the salad.
Place ravioli over salad and top with lemon butter.
Add fresh or crumbled chèvre and/or toasted almonds and enjoy!