July 27, 2017
feat. Roasted Beet w/ Pecorino Toscano
We love beets. If you do too, you have to try this recipe with our Roasted Beet & Pecorino Toscano ravioli.
- 1 package of Valicenti Pasta Farm's Roasted Beet w/ Pecorino Toscano ravioli
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- pinch of minced garlic
- 1 bunch of Swiss Chard or beet tops, dried and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 dry red wine (we used a Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2-3 ounces chèvre
- 1 cup walnut halves, lightly toasted
Minced Shallot & Garlic
Add olive oil to a large pan.
Over medium heat, at minced shallot and garlic.
Lightly caramelize (about a minute) do not burn!
Sautée Swiss Chard
Add chopped Swiss Chard to pan with shallots and garlic.
Season with salt and pepper.
Increase heat to medium-high and sautée about 4-5 minutes until tender.
Red Wine & Balsamic
Add 1/2 cup dry red wine and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to the pan.
At high heat, reduce liquid by 3/4.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 tbsp of olive oil and 4 tbsp of softened butter.
Toasted Walnuts & Chèvre
In a small pan, add 2 tbls butter on low heat and walnut halves - toasted for a couple minutes.
Plate your ravioli, toss with swiss chard and red wine reduction sauce.
Finish with toasted walnuts and fresh chèvre!